Gemalto Thales Fingerprinting
Gemalto Thales Fingerprinting is the LiveScan vendor option for the State of Alabama fingerprint based FBI background checks. We receive many questions regarding fingerprinting at our location and hope that this may answers some, if not all, of the questions you might have about the process.
We are a fingerprint collection site for several different vendors; therefore, for your convenience, we have added links for some of the most requested specific Alabama State departments for registration. Please register and pay before visiting our location. Also, please bring in your registration / confirmation number (which can be either printed out or as a screen shot / email on your phone), along with any identification requested at the time of registration. All Fingerprinting services are performed on a "walk-in" basis between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. If you have already registered are wondering what our current wait times are or you simply want to add yourself to our waitlist for faster service, simply click here! We do ask that all customers register with our waitlist even if you have an appointment so that we know you have arrived! Once it is your turn, you will be sent a notification on your phone - feel free to shop our store while you wait without fear of loosing your place in line!
Alabama Real Estate Commission: https://www.aps.gemalto.com/al/index_recNew.htm
Alabama Board of Nursing: https://www.aps.gemalto.com/al/index_bonNew.htm
DHR - Alabama Department of Human Resources: https://www.aps.gemalto.com/al/dhr/aldhr_landing.htm
Alabama Department of Insurance: https://www.aps.gemalto.com/al/index_doiNew.htm
Alabama Department of Education: https://www.aps.gemalto.com/al/index_adeNew.htm
Frequently asked questions:
- Where are we located? Metro Spy Supply is located at 906 N. Memorial Parkway, Huntsville, AL. Most everyone in Huntsville has seen our building or passes by us on a daily basis as we have been a staple in the community for 50 years and are located on the corner of Memorial Parkway and University Drive.
- What do I do when arriving at your location? Our Gemalto fingerprinting station is directly across from the front door of our shop. You will be greeted by one of our shop attendants as you walk in, but they may be assisting other customers, so please be patient. We invite you to look around while waiting for your turn to be fingerprinted.
- Are appointments required? Metro Spy Supply accepts walk-ins only (NO appointments). There is no need to call our location prior to your visit – Just stop by between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. We have made it easier for you to see how long the current wait is and to remotely (or upon arrival) join our waitlist by simply clicking here.
- How long does the fingerprinting process take? The process itself takes no longer than 10 minutes per person. We pride ourselves on being as efficient as possible and our goal is for no one to have to wait more than 5 to 10 minutes to have their prints taken.
- What do I need to bring to my appointment? Everyone needing their fingerprints taken should bring their registration number (provided by the requesting agency or from Gemalto when you register.) And, no, you do not have to print out the registration…you can simply reference your email confirmation or show us a screen shot of the registration on your phone. All we ask is that you do have the registration number. You should also bring 1 form of non-expired government issued identification (i.e. current and valid driver’s license, current and valid state issued identification, passport, etc.).
- Do I owe any money to Metro Spy Supply? No, the fingerprinting services were paid for when you registered on-line.
- When will my background check come back? Unfortunately, we can not answer this question as we only scan your fingerprints. All results are sent directly to the employer or agency requesting the background check. Once we have scanned your fingerprints into the system, our job has been completed.
- Will a copy of my background check be sent to me? No, the results are sent directly to the employer or agency who requested the background check.
- My results have not come in – how do I check on the status of my background check? Gemalto Thales personnel or fingerprinting locations cannot provide information regarding background check status as such information is not accessible to us. Please contact the referring state agency / employer using the contact information provided during your application process. For your convenience, the state agency customer service contact number for Alabama is (866) 989-9316. TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK CLICK THIS LINK - https://pci.aps.gemalto.com/alperlpub/check_status_pci.pl?pa=Check