Fieldprint Fingerprinting (State of Alabama Fingerprinting Vendor)
*** EFFECTIVE MARCH 7TH - FIELDPRINT IS THE NEW FINGERPRINT VENDOR FOR THE STATE OF ALABAMA - REGISTERED AT WWW.FIELDPRINTALABAMA.COM ***
Please reset assured that during this transition period, we will help you as much as possible as we have been a Fieldprint Location for over 5 years and are very familiar with there system!
Fieldprint Fingerprinting is the new LiveScan vendor option for the State of Alabama fingerprint based FBI background checks. We receive many questions regarding fingerprinting at our location and hope that this may answers some, if not all, of the questions you might have about the process.
We are a fingerprint collection site for several different clients; therefore, for your convenience, we have added links for some of the most requested specific Alabama State departments for registration. Please register and pay before visiting our location. Also, please bring in your registration / confirmation number (which can be either printed out or as a screen shot / email on your phone), along with any identification requested at the time of registration.
Fingerprinting services are offered Monday – Friday; 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Reservations for Fieldprint digital services take priority over walk-ins.
IF YOU HAVE A SCHEDULED FIELDPRINT APPOINTMENT, YOU CAN COME TO YOUR APPOINTMENT ANYTIME PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME FOR EARLY SERVICING. YOU WILL JUST WALK-IN AND BE WORKED IN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Digital fingerprint scheduling can only be made through Fieldprintusa.com – (877) 614-4364 or www.FieldprintAlabama.com (For Specific Alabama Boards - SEE BELOW). NOTE: Please direct any questions regarding I-9 or background check status to Fieldprint as we do not have access to that information - (877) 614-4364.
Fieldprint is an approved vendor for handling the background checks and I-9 verifications for several different groups / states in addition to being to selected fingerprint / background check vendor for The State of Alabama. Some of those other groups / organizations / states are as follows:
- CDC (The Centers for Disease Control)
- FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation)
- NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System)
- SWFT Network (Secure Web Fingerprint Transmission)
- TSC (Transportation Security Clearing House)
- FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Association)
- BIG Fingerprinting (Banks & Federal Credit Unions)
- INDIVIDUAL STATES:
- Alabama [Only Fieldprint Locations in Alabama]
- Florida [Can be fingerprinted at any LiveScan Nationwide]
- Iowa [Only Fieldprint Locations in Iowa]
- Hawaii [Any Fieldprint Location Nationwide]
- Nevada [Only Fieldprint Locations in Nevada]
- Ohio [Only Fieldprint Locations in Ohio]
- Oregon [Any Fieldprint Location Nationwide]
- Virginia [Any Fieldprint Location Nationwide]
- Washington [Any Fieldprint Location Nationwide]
- Washington DC [Any Fieldprint Location Nationwide]
- Wisconsin [Any Fieldprint Location Nationwide]
Alabama Department of Education: You will need follow these steps:
- Create an AIM account (click here)
- Complete Background Check Registration in AIM
- Create Fieldprint Account
- Complete authorization forms, schedule appointment, and fee payment
- Report for fingerprint appointment (You can walk-in anytime prior to your assigned appointment time and we can work you in)
Frequently asked questions:
- Where are we located? Metro Spy Supply is located at 906 N. Memorial Parkway, Huntsville, AL. Most everyone in Huntsville has seen our building or passes by us on a daily basis as we have been a staple in the community for 53 years and are located on the corner of Memorial Parkway and University Drive.
- What do I do when arriving at your location? Our Fieldprint fingerprinting station is directly across from the front door of our shop. You will be greeted by one of our shop attendants as you walk in, but they may be assisting other customers, so please be patient. We invite you to look around while waiting for your turn to be fingerprinted.
- Are appointments required? Metro Spy Supply accepts walk-ins; however, all Fieldprint customers must schedule an appointment. If you are in a rush to get your fingerprints taken, once you have registered, you may come by our location and we can service you during normal fingerprinting hours anytime prior to your appointment. There is no need to call our location prior to your visit – Just stop by between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- What if I am running late to a fingerprinting appointment? If you are more than 2 hours late, you will need to contact Fieldprint directly to reschedule your appointment. As to protect your personal information, we do not have access to modify appointments or personal information. That is strictly controlled by Fieldprint.
- What if my personal information has been entered incorrectly? All changes to personal information must be addressed through Fieldprint. Due to privacy restrictions, we do not have access to personal information.
- How long does the fingerprinting process take? The process itself takes no longer than 10 minutes per person. We pride ourselves on being as efficient as possible and our goal is for no one to have to wait more than 5 to 10 minutes to have their prints taken.
- What do I need to bring to my appointment? Everyone needing their fingerprints taken should bring their appointment number (provided by the requesting agency or from Fieldprint when you register.) And, no, you do not have to print out the registration…you can simply reference your email confirmation or show us a screen shot of the registration on your phone. All we ask is that you do have the registration number. You should also bring 1 form of non-expired government issued identification (i.e. current and valid driver’s license, current and valid state issued identification, passport, etc.).
- Do I owe any money to Metro Spy Supply? No, the fingerprinting services were paid for when you registered on-line.
- When will my background check come back? Unfortunately, we can not answer this question as we only scan your fingerprints. All results are sent directly to the employer or agency requesting the background check. Once we have scanned your fingerprints into the system, our job has been completed.
- Will a copy of my background check be sent to me? No, the results are sent directly to the employer or agency who requested the background check.
- My results have not come in – how do I check on the status of my background check? Metro Spy Supply employees or Fieldprint fingerprinting locations cannot provide information regarding background check status as such information is not accessible to us. Please contact the referring state agency / employer using the contact information provided during your application process. For your convenience, contact www.FieldprintAlabama.com directly for any status requests.